Re: Fonts: I must know...

On Wed, 3 Jul 2002 20:14:31 +0200
Cyrille Chepelov <cyrille chepelov org> wrote:

When I print to a .ps file and view it in GV, I get some various
fonts, but in the actual Dia design window, it's always Courier...

Is this in my Dia setup, or is it a bug that's being worked on, or
what?

If you're encountering this in CVS, then Google can't (yet) help you. If
it's in 0.90, the current code base lives in a very different world...

If in 0.90, does running "LC_ALL=C app/run_dia.sh" help a little?

Running that does not help (and I am running 0.90).

The error APPEARS to be that the fonts Dia is naming ("Courier Oblique")
doesn't match up with an existing font on my system ("Using
adobe-*-x-y-z-courier-12-18-12-*-*-* instead") (I just made up that font,
but it looks something like that).

Do I need to be downloading some particular font pack, or running some X
fonts generation script?

I've got Mandrake 8.1 which seems to be a pretty standard distro. Is Dia
being developed on something that maybe has some extra font aliases
defined?

--
Tim Ellis
DBA, Gamet