Re: Font size and screen resolution

On 30 Jan 2002, Lars Clausen wrote:

This has now been fixed, it was some pointer error that I'd missed
(freetype does a great job of totally confusing the user about what is a
pointer and what is not:).  I can now render the text, except it's
inverted and longer than it should be:)

To keep the exciting sports commentary up: The CVS version now has
[...]

Now also has a font selector that works (up to selecting fonts, no styles
yet).  The rendering, however, does not include any transparency (of
course), which shows up as little white rectangles around the characters
and, worse, white overlap over some characters.  The libart renderer (it's
stable now, right?) may be able to take care of that, if I can but find
enough documentation to figure it out.  And printing, of course, is still
to come, as it assumes the old font system.

-Lars