Re: UML and Fonts when changing monitor resolution

Hello,

On Wednesday, 23 January, 2002 01:32, <cam-listsubs h2os org> wrote:

I've been using dia 0.88.1 for a short while now and have been pretty
happy with it. Recently, I had to adjust my monitor's resolution in X from
1600x1200 to 1280x1024. When I did so, all of my UML diagrams went wonky
on me. None of the connection lines lined up correctly (some would
magically go back into place when I selected one of the objects) and many
of my class labels exceeded the width of the actual class shape/box.

To solve the problem of lines ending up "disconnected", perhaps you can use
the same workaround that I outlined in an answer on 2002-01-21 to
eg_lwkae stu ust hk in the thread "Predict the size of a UML class".

Not a perfect solution, but it works reasonably well...

Any suggestions for a solution to this problem? I've read in the archives
that fonts seem to be an issue. Is there any way to lie to Dia about the
fonts that are there?

What about scaling the entire diagram down to a lower factor? This should
cause smaller fonts to be selected as well.

Regards,
-+-Ben-+-