Re: Predict the size of a UML class

eg_lwkae stu ust hk wrote:

   Since the file format of DIA is easy to read, i got no problem
to create a dia document with "UML - Class" object only.  But if i
want to create "UML - Dependency" object.  Since i dont know the
actual size of the "UML - Class" , the "UML - Dependenct" object
wont attach the "UML - Class" object correctly.(I created the UML -
Class object by giving the positon - "elem_croner" only)

I guess the actual font used, and hence the size of the elements, is
dependent on platform and setup. So if you rely only on you connections
to be made "automagically" by Dia upon loading of the file based on the
coordinates you set on the endpoints, you'll be in trouble sooner or
later...

I suggest you look at the <dia:connections> group of the XML file
instead, where the actual connection is made independently of the
actually coordinates listed. If you get this right, you can still
estimate some coordinates (which might well be inaccurate). Dia will
still now which one belongs where, so if it all looks wrong when you
open the file, you can for instance do a "select all" and move
everything a pixel or so, and Dia will correct the coordinates for you,
and all the lines will snap into place.

(I don't know if coordinates are now automatically corrected after
version whenever I load files from other machines, or when I load files
produces by older versions.)

   Or anyone give me some advise on how to solve the problem?

Hope this gives you some ideas...

-+-Ben Hetland-+-