Re: working progress for UTF-8

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002 21:49:49 +0100,
"CC" == Cyrille Chepelov <cyrille chepelov org> wrote:

CC> The plan is not to go towards wchar, but to use UTF-8 instead. The work is
CC> halfway completed, but halted since mid-August, for lack of time. If you
CC> want to pick up the work and finish, you are more than welcome to do so
CC> (I'll give you the details on what needs to be done). Completing UTF-8
CC> support will be beneficial not only to the GNOME2 goal, but also to the
CC> current Windows and GNOME/GTK1 builds.

Ok, I will begin to work it. please give me the details.

BTW I have another question. it's about gnome-print support.
Dia can print it out without gnome-print. but it's just
complex that support the printing for CJK. so Dia also can't
handle it. if the printer has no fonts for CJK, current
implementation will not be print out even if possible.
so it needs to implement like gnome-print for printing with
all of environment, I think. I mean the fonts should be
embedded on PS.
for example, this problem should occur on Windows too. but I
don't try to run it on Windows. doesn't anyone fall on this
problem?

Regards,
--
Akira TAGOH  : tagoh gnome gr jp  / Japan GNOME Users Group
at gclab org : tagoh gnome-db org / GNOME-DB Project