From: "Johann Tienhaara" <tech mountaingrouse com>
To: <s doro tecom it>
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 9:49 PM
Subject: Re: Dia-list digest, Vol 1 #225 - 1 msg

Hi Sandro.

I use the UML 'Note' shape for adding descriptions in Dia.  I think the
intention is that Notes be used in the same way as Comments in the
standard UML spec.  You can then drag the pointer arrow from the Note to
the Class it describes.  Although it's awkward, you can add extra lines
to the Note to describe the attributes.  For example:

  | This is my SQL table.                |
  |   PrimaryKeyColumn: description #1.  |
  |   Column2: description #2.           |
  |   Column3: description #3.           |
  |   etc.                               |

    +------------------------+
    | <<entity>> MySQLTable  |
    |------------------------|

AFAIK there is no way of adding descriptions directly to the class
itself.

Hope this helps Sandro.  If you do discover a nicer way of adding
descriptions (or if you code a better one yourself :) please do send it
to the list!  I'd like to hear about it.

Cheers,

Johann

Message: 1