Re: TeX output for UML diagrams [path]

Le mer, jan 09, 2002, à 09:57:25 +0200, Ruslan Shevchenko a écrit:

TeX itself - no.

Has DK decided that this "no" is final ?

omegaTeX (distributed with near all TeX distributions)
can handle utf16, will be handle utf8 and utf32 in near future.

OK.  (assuming utf16 ~= UCS-2 and utf32 ~= UCS-4)

So, ideal solution is:

- insert dialog form for TeX pstricks export parameters.
  (Can I do this from plugin ? If yes - how ?)
   where ask output TeX encoding.

I don't think there is any architecture for that at the moment. Perhaps it's
easier for the TeX pstricks plug-in to register two or three variants, and
derive the option (local/utf8/ucs-2) from the variant ? Hmmm. I really don't
know.

What I think, however, is that the plug-in should *not* invoke a dialog in
its export routine (this'll be another PITA when someone wants to finish
diaconv, the command-line tool). It is very possible that we need to expand
the plug-in structure to add room for "export properties" (a structure
option, opaque and allocated by the plug-in, which is filled by a new
plug-in operation "set properties", etc.). In the short term, several
variants seems good enough.

- transform Utf8 to Utf16 for omegaTex or to some 8-bit
  encoding for normal TeX.
    \footnote{
       encoding of text is usially
       setted by \inputenc command in document preambule.
     }

  Extra questions:
  (what is the name of type for utf16 char and utf16 string ?
   are exists built-in in support libraries transform functions
   (utf8 -> utf16), or I

raw types defined by <unicode.h> is unicode_char_t.
Unfortunately, we don't always HAVE_UNICODE, and haven't yet decided to make
it mandatory (I'm for it, but we can't do that if win32 doesn't have it).

lib/charconv.h makes some loops to define "unichar" as gchar or unicode_char_t
and wraps unicode.h in general into something that is supposed to work
everywhere. uni_get_utf8() will allow you to get each character of an UTF-8
string into (unichar* result).

Re-reading the code, it looks like lib/charconv.h should be amended thusly:

(in the #ifndef UNICODE_WORK_IN_PROGRESS case):
#ifdef HAVE_UNICODE
typedef unicode_char_t unichar;
#else
typedef gchar unichar;
#endif

   can use code from unicode consorcium. ?
In theory, you could, if it was GPL-compatible.

   are exists built-in in support libraries transform functions
   (utf8 -> encoding Name).

see lib/charconv.h, in particular charconv_local8_to_utf8 (and back).
This'll work only between UTF-8 and the local 8-bit charset (or UTF-8 if the
locale is UTF-8).

  - in terms of 'soft-localization' code is Ok.
   (i. e. current code will work with utf8, but TeX will not be
able to interpet it correctly. )

So, I think current patch [ with TODO record ] will ok as
short-term solution (it does not make thing worse), then when we
will learn, how to do first approach, we will write extra code for
handling of different TeX input encodings.

OK.

        -- Cyrille

--
Grumpf.