Re: Struggling with CVS version of dia

Le jeu, jan 03, 2002, à 06:45:09 -0500, Martin Cracauer a écrit:

The name of the perl interpreter in xml-i18n-merge doesn't get
substituted by configure (the file gets generated, though), I assume
this is an autoconf problem, but can't figure where to get the right
macro files

xml-i18n-tools stuff should go and be replaced by intltools. I've been
wanting to do that for some time already, but never got around to actually
doing it.

In
  app/menus.c
I need
  #include <gdk/gdkkeysyms.h>

Patch welcome.

The top-level Makefile tries to call ./po/update.sh, which aborts
saying it is deactivated.

... because of the already mentioned xml-i18n-tools 'detail'.

The documentation Makefiles try to install *.html and *.css even though
those are not built by the default make target.  I figure they should
depend on a install-<something> target instead.

Hmmm. True.

After patching these things I run into a segfault.  Backtrace follows,
note the bad address for the accelerator.  Does this look familiar to
someone?

How do you run into this segfault (just running the program ?).
Unfortunately, no, this doesn't look familiar to me. OTOH, I haven't yet got
the time to upgrade my CVS tree, which is now a month old ('historic telecom
operator' is only an euphemism for 'lazy and undercompetent monopoly with
token competition').

gtk-config: 1.2.10
glib-config: 1.2.10
autoconf: autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.52
automake: automake (GNU automake) 1.5
libtool: ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.4.2 (1.922.2.53 2001/09/11 03:18:52)
gcc: 2.95.2
i686 Linux 2.4.6
libc-2.1.3.so

%%

I don't really need a newer version that 0.88.1, however I want to
build a plugin package and would prefer to test it on both release and
CVS version.

So, if you say the API will not change, that is fine for me also.

I wish that could ever be said. M'kay, there have been some API changes last
summer, and I'm afraid this means a PLUGIN_VERSION change (unless my
memory's blurry and these changes went into 0.88.1 already).

Just out of curiosity, what kind of plug-in are you developing ?

        -- Cyrille

--
Grumpf.