Re: Naming and stuff [was Re: Structuring DIA sheets]

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002, Alan Horkan wrote:

Isometric map symbols :-)

Ill definately think about it.

BTW, speaking of names, there should be (if there is not already)

grudgingly i guess you are right, i will probably decide some time on a
right way and do up a shedload of patches.
The convention for Menu Items is 'First Letter Up' and i think that it
would be wise to follow that convention, and as much as possible avoid
pronouns.

First Letter Up?  But Not Following The Book Title Capitalization System,
Where A Few Words Are Not Capitalized?

Good point.  Some guidelines for object creation would be useful.  Alan,
have you started anything in that direction?

I vaguely intend to edit most of the current black and white shapes to
use 'foreground' and 'backround' so that users will be allowed and able
to easily change the colours.

That would be a lovely thing to get done.

I should probably add a section to the
manual about how to create new shapes (save as .shape) and addtional
things you can do to tweak the XML by hand.  The first thing i need to do
for the manual is to write a good description of UML, and then for every
other sheet.  I also have about 20 PNG i spent a whole afternoon cutting
and cropping that i should add to the documentation.

I'm finding Dia itself is decent at making icons, if you give it a little
planning.  Especially if you're doing the colored background, it's easy to
place a colored square and then build on top of that.  Export as 22x22 PNG
and it's ready to go.

-Lars