Re: Problems on RH8.0

On 06 Dec 2002, Vasja J. Zupan wrote:
Hi,
I have some issiues running DIA on RH 8.0. I've upgraded RH7.3 -> RH8.0.
After that I cannot run Dia.
the problem is that whneever I want to use text tool (or any shape with
text) Dia crashes.
I've tried Dia RPM 0.90-8 (RH and ximian) and dia compiled from source
(cvs). If  I use old DIA 0.88 It does not crash but it complains about
missing font and diagram is all jammed..
latest version I have is DIA 9.0 form cvs source. And this is what
happens:

1) I run dia
2) windov with msg "Could not load XSLT plugin; DIA_Plugin_PATH is not
set". If i run Dia from rpm there is no msg like that, but next steps
are the some.
3) I do "File"-> "New"
4) "T" tool
5) click in diagram area
6) CRASH!

Most likely this is because RH8.0 uses an X Font Server only, so FreeType
cannot find any fonts.  What is the X font path (as set in
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4)?  Mine contains under section "Files" lines like:

        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi"

Under the CVS, we use PangoFT2 to get fonts.  I'm still looking into
exactly how to ensure that at least a minimum of fonts are available.

I notice from the error messages that you're using a CVS that's about 2
weeks old (horror!:)  The newest anoncvs has a check at startup to see if
the standard fonts are found, it'd be great if you could try that out.

-Lars