Re: Accessing fonts actuallu listed

On 24/11/2002 14:58 Lars Clausen <lrclause cs uiuc edu> wrote:
I was about to blame this on the XFLD/Freetype font name schism, but I
see
Redhat compiled it without freetype support.  Which means that only the
standard Postscript fonts are really usable, as those can be printed.
x> The
fonts that should work are Courier, Helvetica, Times and Symbol.  Some
Postscript printers also understand Avantgarde, Bookman,
NewCenturySchoolbook, Palatino, and Zapfchancery.  Other fonts cannot be
printed without Freetype, as the X font system doesn't give us access to
the font files.
Lars Clausen <lrclause cs uiuc edu>>
In the CVS version, we dropped XFLD totally and switched to Freetype for
X,
which does at the moment show some of the same problems you mention, but
I'm about to fix that.

Fonts for most things can be set by double-clicking their icons and
setting
defaults there.
--
Paul Thomas