Re: Reverse Engineer using dia

Le Wed, Aug 28, 2002, à 09:16:44AM +0530, kiran kanchibhotla siritech com a écrit:

I have about 2 Million lines of code base written in VC++ and VB I would
like to reverse engineer this code. Can some one help me how to do this
using dia on  the windows platform.

I'm not convinced that dia is the best tool for that. Maybe it can play a
role, but in a "manual documentation" second stage.

If the body of VC++ code is large enough (compared to VB), you may be able
to get rough collaboration diagrams generated by doxygen [www.doxygen.org],
if you use the EXTRACT_ALL (sp?) option (to build documentation for every
method even if not documented yet).

I'd then use dia to re-model in a clean and nice-looking way your system,
based on doxygen's output (assuming doxygen's output is not good enough for
your purpose).

        -- Cyrille

--
Grumpf.