Re: Re: Compilation of GIMP under window32

Here is an update on the mingw32 build.

I have found some more files that contain the problem of the
bad assumptions.

this same text occurs in the following spots on my cygwin install
autoheader.m4f:3885:#  define HAVE_SYS_PARAM_H 1
autoconf.m4f:3939:#  define HAVE_SYS_PARAM_H 1

Now these are Frozen Files? I dont seem to be able to change them
without breaking something.

So, I have installed the source code for autoconf-2.53a under cygwin,
and have modified the
lib/autoconf/functions.m4, line 924-927, to remove the assumption.

The make builds the frozen files
../../tests/autom4te                            \
        --language=autoconf                     \
        --freeze                        \
        --include=./..          \
        --include=..                    \
        --output=autoconf.m4f

Right now, I am just commenting out the assumption,
that is sure to break all the other builds.

I dont think this is the final solution,
some checks to see if we are running mingw are needed...
Any ideas?

Mike

=====
James Michael DuPont