Re: Review of Keybindings [Re: Dia's user interface]

According to rob campbell att net <rob campbell att net>:
The menus on MB2 (middle) and MB3 (right) should be
conveniences,
shortcuts to the main menu.  I don't know what the
Gnome usability folks
have to say about that, but it doesn't matter.  The
menu is the menu is
the menu: it contains the full set of options/commands
to use the program.

I agree, FWIW.  My personal preference would be to have
everything on a menu bar (or floating menu) and have the
right-click for context-sensitive options.  But I know
some people prefer the convenience of having the full
menu where ever they click.

Dia has an option to display a menu bar, but it disables
the right-click menu elsewhere.  Could I have both?

In that case, I have choosen to make the right click be the contextual
menu (instead of middle click).
Perhaps can we make a contextual menu show the whole menus as a
submenu :-))) [if you don't understand that, I do ;-) ]

Hub