Review of Keybindings [Re: Dia's user interface]

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, Ben A. Hetland wrote:

Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 17:54:52 +0200
From: Ben A. Hetland <ben a hetland sintef no>
To: dia-list gnome org
Subject: Re: Dia's user interface

Lars Clausen <lrclause cs uiuc edu> wrote:
That would allow Ctrl+A to be used for Select All, and Ctrl+I for Invert
Selection.

Ctrl-F is already used for Bring to Front.

Which reminds me...
If it isn't already "fixed," then perhaps its complementary should be called
"Send to Back" not "Bring to Back"? Sound a bit odd to me, that one... :-)

Damn!  Ctrl+A and Ctrl+I area already take too.

This is why the keybindings cannot be decided in isolation.

Ideally someone would try and figure out keybinding for almost all of the
application and would follow the Human Interface Guidelines as much as
possible.
Unfortunately this would change (break) the current scheme in
quite a lot of places, but better to make a decision sooner rather than
later.

Later
Alan