Dia and SDL (Systems Description Language)

As part of my University coursework i do a very small amount of
modelling using the Systems Description Language (SDL) and it was
suggested that i either use PowerPoint, or perhaps Visio.
But ive heard nasty things about being locked into the Visio file format
and im not a fan of MS office.
I use the Gimp quite a bit and ive used Dia (briefly) on windows (please
dont flame me, 95% of the University is  win32 and i have to try really
really hard and go well out of my way to use free software, and i want
to be able to use good applications irrespective of OS).

So my question is does Dia have support for SDL?

I googled (dia SDL) and found this dead link:

dia-0.88-1.ppc RPM
... Pneumatic/seojack.shape /usr/share/dia/shapes/Pneumatic/seojack.xpm
/usr/share/dia/shapes/SDL
/usr/share/dia/shapes/SDL/block.shape /usr/share/dia/shapes/SDL ...
www.linuxppc.org/software/index/contrib/Applications/dia-0.88-1.ppc.html
- 33k - Cached - Similar pages

which suggest that dia might have some SDL support,
but i managed to use a machine running Gnome and Dia 0.86 and did not
see any information about SDL.  I also checked out the web page and read
the FAQ.

by the way, why have a help menu with only the item 'About' in it,
surely it makes more sense to simple active the about dialog as soon as
the menu is clicked on, rather than adding in another unnecessary
stage?  Or even better add a link to a local copy of the help/FAQ

my programming skills are not great but i think i might be able to
contribute, perhaps even provide some basic graphics for SDL (which is
basically just another type of flowchart).

Thanks in advance

Alan Horkan
Trinity College Dublin

--
Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?
Whoof, oh, I'd have to say the odds are slim, Brain.