RE: Crash when opening file

Richard Wallace [mailto:rwallace a--i--m com] wrote:

Hello everybody,
I have a diagram that I've been working on and slowly adding things to
for the past week.  So far I have been very happy with Dia.
Today, when
I went to open the file, Dia segfaulted.  I've tried just starting Dia
and then opening the file from the menu and just opening it from the
command line.  Neither works.  When opening from the command
line I get
the message "Gdk-ERROR: undefined font type".  I'm using Dia 0.88.1 as
packaged for Debian 2.2_r3 from Ximian.

Nasty - may I suggest trying the test version 0.89 (I don't think it's a
release version, but it has many improvements) or the current CVS version
(Snapshots available at http://www.crans.org/~chepelov/dia/snapshots if you
like).

If this doesn't work, can you send the file to the list??

You could also take a look at the XML (which the file is constructed as). To
do this you'll probably need to decompress it, unless you saved it
uncompressed. I don't know how to do this if you can't load it into dia -
anyone else??

I've fixed files in the past by removing/editing corrupt XML, and it can
give us a better idea of where the error in dia is.

Good luck!

Rob.