Re: Diagram tree window

Hans Breuer <hans breuer org> writes:

At 02:00 02.11.01 +0100, Jose A. Ortega Ruiz wrote:
Hans Breuer <hans breuer org> writes:

I think so. AFAIK gnome cvs is mirrored to four servers under the
name anoncvs.gnome.org. A least one of them had _very_
noticeable delay in the time I worked with them ...

it's ok now. i've updated my cvs tree, compiled and tested it, and the
diagram tree seems to work without problems.

i agree... i'll work on this... maybe we could have a tab for the
diagram tree configuration options in the properties dialog (i would
add the initial size of the window too)...

An own page for sounds reasonable to me. Though for window sizes it
would probably be better to impement some kind of generic SessionInfo
handling like The Gimp does. There are more top level windows which
would benefit from 'remember where placed last time'.

i'm not familiar with the gimp source code: i propose to add a simple
window size property by now... if i find the time, i could take a look
at the SessionInfo thing later...

I recently have worked on diagrams too huge to have readable class
names when showing all. There some other selection ui would have
been rather useful ...

i see. i'll try to hack the multiple selection then :-)

- I'm not sure if the gdk_window_raise should really be done when
  clicking around in the tree, instead the tree window could keep the
  focus

well, i had the idea of this tree thing because i usually have a lot
of open diagrams, and wanted to quickly locate any of them and bring
it to the foreground, but i agree that loosing the focus can be
annoying... we can fix this in (at least) two ways: either call
gdk_window_raise both for the diagram window and, afterwards, for the
diagram tree window (and you have the diagram on the foreground and
don't miss the focus), or raise the selected diagram only if you
double click on its node (and, btw, double clicking an object node
could pop up its properties window): what do you think?

The latter option(s) are more appealing to me (don't mess around
with focus until explicit being told to do so). As you already
sayed there are more operations which are nice to have while
operating with the tree. What about a context menu for tree nodes
which offers:
 - Locate (i.e. select)
 - Properties
 - Delete ?
 - ... (more to come)

i agree: double click to raise, then. the context menu is already on
the works: a "hide objects of this type" command could also be
useful. for the diagram nodes, we'll have "sort" and "locate", and
maybe "close diagram"?

regards,

jao