Re: Property changes for all selected items

On Fri, 02 Nov 2001, Owen Densmore wrote:

Hi; I've just started using Dia and Gawd, its lovely.  I thought
everyone had forsaken simplicity (simple semantics) and elegance
(powerful combinations of the simple semantics) for click-o-matic
"power apps".  Thankyou for Dia!

Glad to hear you like it:)

OK, after that shameless sucking up, I have a usage question:
I'd like to change the properties of several objects at one time.
For example, the change the font for all the selected objects,
or linewidth, say.  How would I do that?  I've tried selecting
all boxes for example, and changing the color to "red" via the
properties menu.  Only one of the objects changes color.

I bet I'm being dumb here, but is there a way to do this?

It's slightly counter-intuitive, but you have to group the objects first.
Then property changes affect them all.

-Lars