user-defined-shapes with attributes

I would like that simple users of Dia (like me) can design shapes with
attributes; I don´t mean textboxes (there is just one for shape; it is
right for me that this text is always visible and "inside the shape"); I
mean some other text "binded to the element", with theese two
properties:

 1) the text (attribute) may be made visible or invisible, at user's
will (who may want to change the state for just one of the elements, or
to get,  visible or  invisible, for all the elements of the diagram)

 2) the text (attribute) size should not affect the element size when
the element has its attribute not visible.

I beleive that  properties 1 and 2 are present for  shapes in the
GRAFCET sheet; and 1 is present for shapes  in the UML sheet (version
0.86). But I prefer different "shapes" (not just rectangles) in order
to describe a thermical circuit. My final objective is that people uses
dia to describe thermical circuits (similar to electrical circuits) and
that they use a translator from de dia file to an "input file for
SCEPTRE" (a numerical simulator of electric circuits).

Loli
email:  loli unsa edu ar
Sent using NeoMail, a web-based e-mail client.
http://neomail.sourceforge.net