Re: moving lines with shapes

On 22 May 2001, Lars Clausen wrote:

This relatively simple feature (to the opuitsider looking in at
least) would make a huge difference to visio usability. I'd be happy to
code it if somebody gave me some big pointers on where and how to start
and what to look out for. Dia is a bit big for me to master most of its
code in order to just fix line behaviour, and I'm hoping that my current
extra freetime (did I mention I was looking for work) will be somewhat
less in the near future.

The first thing to do (IMO) is to be able to ask an object for the
orthogonal angle at a connectionpoint.  That would take adding a function
in lib/object.h and add support in objects/*/*.c (for objects with
connectionpoints).

I have in fact several functions I wish to add, including a standard
function for importers to create shapes with.

I've downloaded 0.88.1 and I have started reading through the source.

So far I have looked at connection.h and connection.c as instructed in the
readme - anything else that would be helpful before I start hacking at
bits of it?

A.