Re: (Was: How to create shapes on the fly?)

On Mon, 21 May 2001, Lennon Day-Reynolds wrote:

One minor HCI quibble I've always had with Dia (having had my
experience with grpahics tools be mostly on the MacOS and Windows
platforms) is that the properties view is only available via a
double-click, while seemingly more natural double-click options such
as "view target", etc., have to be relegated to the object-specific
context menu. Not a deal-breaker, certainly, but it does give me (and
other people I've talked with who were new to Dia) the occasional
hiccup.

The properties dialog is also available as Dialogs->Properties.  I think
it'd be good to get properties off double-click entirely, especially as
the first click of a double click is still used and can cause small
movements.  Maybe properties should be a default entry in the middle-button
menu as well?

--
Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause) | Hårdgrim of Numenor
"I do not agree with a word that you say, but I    | Retainer of Sir Kegg