Re: UrShape definition Part I

Hi again.

Could someone give a brief overview of what the ObjectOps and ObjectType
stuff do?  Is this still used or is it depricated in the StdProps code?
Well, I don't know. I just found it in the source and it looked
reasonable to me. Cyrille? James? Someone?

  int max_children;
We don't need a max_children do we? unsigned int child_count; perhaps.
Well, we _may_ need it. What if some UrShape can contain exactly 2
subshapes and no more? Or exactly 1 subshape? And child_count will be
optional, since the child is a pointer to the first child and you can
follow the next_sibling pointers unto the last child, where the
next_sibling will be NULL.

Also some way to store an arbitrary structure (i.e. Gtk Widgets - This
is where I wish we were using an OO language).   And how are we going to
handle attributes?  Should we use a hash or hard code them in a
structure?
I like the idea of a hash, since it gives use some ease of extension.
If I want to have a "save-to-some-format"-function in my UrShape, I
can easily add it to the hash (And maybe trigger by name in a dialog?)
What is this Gtk Widget stuff? And where? I can think OO in C, so
that's no prob. ;)

This is a good start.
Why, thank you.

Is there any other code that you guys are working on that you just
havn't shared yet?  I think we need to see more progress.
That's why I started so humble. I don't really know where you guys
want to go with this stuff,

-J5
cu Andre
--
Tolerance rulez, everything else sux! -- Andre Kloss