UrShape and GObject

Well I just got finished reading about GObject and am convinced they are
the way to go.  They OO and provide for signal and slots which solves
the callback stuff.  The only problem is that to use them requires
GLib-2.0 and GTK+ 2.0 which may cause your systems to become unstable.
Bleeding edge baby.  Note that GObject is not dependent on X or GNOME.
It is part of GLib 2.0 and can be used/played with, without GTK+ 2.0 as
long as your not doing any GUI stuff.  Word is that Gtk+ 2.0 isn't up to
speed with GLib 2.0 stuff (eg less stable).  Initial coding can be done
with Glib 2.0 (loading, saving, DOM interface) and then perhaps GTK+ 2.0
will be further along.  There is also a hack to backport GObjects to
Gtk+ 1.2.  Here is the link to the GObject docs -
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gobject/index.html

and here is a link to the announcement of the backport -
http://www.geocrawler.com/lists/3/SourceForge/1504/0/6034808/

I think this is the best option and could be a help to the core Dia team
in porting Dia to Gtk+ 2.0.

Comments?

--J5