Re: My proposal (Was: Shapes layout proposal)

On 14 Jun 2001, Lars Clausen wrote:

The reason for GUIs to have the equal-spacing setup is that the actual
widget layout may be determined by somebody else.  I don't think we really
need that here.  Just using relative resizing is probably more useful and
easier.
Agreed. Do you know where this might be incorporated in the code? Or
even better, are you already implementing this stuff? ;)

I do want text to be resizable eventually.  If you don't have that, you
can't, say, have classes of different sizes in your diagram look nice.
Also agreed.

If text can be resized, there's no reason to have a minimum size for
anything, is there?  Then resizing would be scaling, and thus 1.2 is the
Right Thing.  Would you want resizing to do other than scaling?  That might
be useful, but makes resizing more complex.
Whatever you say. ;) No, I think that the solution you propose is that
obvious even I didn't see it first. If I can lend a hand somewhere,
just tell me where to start.

-Lars
cu Andre
--
Tolerance rulez, everything else sux! -- Andre Kloss