Re: Diagram size in Dia

On Sun, 3 Jun 2001, Kostas Oikonomou wrote:

Hello,

I'm attempting to switch to Dia from Xfig.  I have Dia 0.88.1.

I can't figure out how to make Dia present the same "interface" that Xfig
does: a window with a drawing area corresponding to a single sheet of
paper (or smaller). I've played with File->Page Setup, but I still don't
understand what the "Scale" and "Fit to" options do.

By default, the diagram rulers measure centimeters, and that is what the
Scale option modifies.  The Fit To option instead makes the whole diagram
fit to a number of pages (1x1 being a single page).  The blue lines one the
diagram show the extents of the page, and will adjust themselves to the
diagram entities if you have Fit To selected.

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause) | Hårdgrim of Numenor
"I do not agree with a word that you say, but I    | Retainer of Sir Kegg