Re: need more help compiling from CVS

On 2001.07.29 15:26 Cyrille Chepelov wrote:
Le dim, jui 29, 2001, à 02:48:11 -0700, Andrew S . Halper a écrit:

OK, thanks.  More progress.  I upgraded to the Rawhide gettext 0.10.38-4 RPM
(couldn't find a Red Hat binary), which has these macros in the proper
place.
Now I'm getting an error in app/:

This looks like the big bad NLS bug which others have been experiencing.
Let's fix it !

What is your glibc version (including devel version if there can be a
mismatch with your packaging system) ? FWIW, I've got version 2.2.3 (which
tends to disable gettext and provide its own).

My glibc is 2.2.2.  I'm pretty sure this is the stock Red Hat 7.1 version.  I
did forget to mention instead of running the stock RH 7.1 XFree86 4.x, I'm
running XFree86 3.3.6, because I couldn't get the 4.x server to run on my system
without segfaulting.  This is probably irrelevant to the glibc problem, but I
thought I should mention it just in case.

Let me know what I can do to help.  I'm a decent C programmer, but inexperienced
with the newer GNU development tools/libraries.

1.9 at the head here. But there's no surprise: the anonymous CVS can take up
to 24 hours to sync on the read/write CVS.

Oh.  I suspected it was some sort of data propagation lag like that.  I wound up
just putting "#include <stdlib.h>" in my sandbox version, and that worked fine.

Andy