Re: RLD Shapes / UrShapes

Le dim, jui 29, 2001, à 12:13:42 -0700, Rick Jafrate a écrit:

I'm an avid lurker here.  I have been watching with interest for some
time now.  I have been contributing to the LinuxPLC project and would
like to use DIA as a programming interface.  I have played with the RLD
shapes a little and they are difficult to use. The don't line up very
well, you need to zoom in pretty far etc..

What are RLD shapes ?

I would be willing to work on improving them so that they are easier to
use.  What is the best way to go about this?  Would some one be willing
to mentor me until I got started?  Would the UrShapes be a better way to
proceed?

It depends -- UrShapes look like they're progressing nicely, but they're not
finished. Currently, we have three object programming models:
        * classic objects (please don't code new objects like these)
        * StdProp objects (C code, not that difficult, but quite a learning
        curve still)
        * Shapes (mostly SVG graphics coated by custom XML sugar)

UrShapes being a possible fourth.

        -- Cyrille

--
Grumpf.