Re: UrShape coding update

Le jeu, jui 26, 2001, à 11:35:59 -0400, John Palmieri a écrit:

odd reason the UrShapes sheet is showing up twice.  I don't really like how it
attaches to the plugin.  I think UUID's should be used instead of names to
identify resources but I guess that is something to put on the list for the
future.

UUID's don't buy you much, except the loss of human(developer)-manipulable
quantities (oh, yeah, fixed format). In certain problem spaces, they do a
lot of sense, in this problem space, well, you have a variable-length string
of identifier data, which you happen to be able to humanly parse (as a
bonus).

Well I have it loading and crashing for now.  Hehe, seems like I have to add an
init_default_values method somewhere.  I'm glad I went through all that trouble
getting things to work. I now have a good idea of the structure of Dia.  I have to
say that it is very well organized.  Since I can separate UrShape from the main
program there is no need for diffs except for in the Makefile.am's if the core
team feels that they want it as part of the main distro.  I'll have to write a doc

diff -urN against the whole tree is still easier to apply, even if only one or
two files are actually modified.

on how to create Dia plugins at some point.  After I am done with the basic setup

that'd be definitely welcome.

stuff and have some working code I will separate it from the main sources and
place it in CVS along with a tarball posted to this list.

        -- Cyrille

--
Grumpf.