Re: Syntax error while compiling from CVS?

Le lun, jui 02, 2001, à 11:47:29 -0300, Dolores Alia de Saravia a
écrit:
I have not been able to compile from CVS; after installing automake
1.4,
     autoconf 2.50 (>2.13), libtool 1.4, GNU gettext 0.10.38, and
doing
     several other things, I continue getting error messages.

Now type 'make' to compile dia.
brary
aclocal: configure.in: 163: macro `AM_PATH_LIBART' not found in
library
[snip]

stop. These messages from automake just mean that automake doesn't
find the
.m4 files which define these macros. Please check that you not only
have
the library packages, but also the *development* side of these
packages.

(as a rule of thumb, you should be able to grep for any of these
macros in
/usr/share/aclocal/*/*.m4 and have at least one match. If there's no
match,
a development package is missing)

Good luck.

      -- Cyrille

--
Grumpf.

       THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I have been able to compile...

And just for the record: in SUSE 7.1 distribution, I found the libart.m4
file as

    /opt/gnome/share/aclocal/libart.m4

Loli
email:  loli unsa edu ar
Sent using NeoMail, a web-based e-mail client.
http://neomail.sourceforge.net