From:    Cyrille Chepelov chepelov calixo net
Sent:    Sat, 18 Aug 2001 08:50:17 +0200
To:      dia-list gnome org
Subject: Re: stuck pointer in dia-88.1 under wmaker

Le ven, aoû 17, 2001, à 07:37:40 -0700, Otto Sievert a écrit:

[snip]

My system:
- debian linux 2.4.9 (generally, the unstable debian distribution with
  my own kernel)
- xfree86 4.1.0-2
- windowmaker window manager 0.65.1-1
- dia 0.88.1-1 (tried both debian package, and self-compiled from
  8/15/01 CVS snapshot, with identical results).

I've got pretty much the same setup, except for the WM. Needless to say, I
can't reproduce this. I'm not quite sure gpm is the cause of problems -- it
works great for me.

I do have seen similar problems in Mozilla, though, when doing drag&drop
related activity. It is possible that we loose opportunities for focus
releases.

Hmmm.
Could you place trace messages just before calls to gtk_widget_grab_focus()
in app/*.c ?
Even better, it would be great if you could attache trace callbacks to all
focus-related messages sent by ddisp->canvas in
app/interface.c/create_display_shell()
["focus-in-event","focus-out-event","grab-focus", etc.]

Good hunt.

        -- Cyrille

--
Grumpf.