Re: IDLELO 5: March 19 - 23 2012

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 5:09 AM, Karen Sandler <karen gnome org> wrote:
> On Mon, February 20, 2012 4:12 pm, Tobias Mueller wrote:
>> Heya,
>>
>> On 26.01.2012 16:30, Karen Sandler wrote:
>>> I think it's really
>>> important for GNOME to have a presence there.
>> Is anybody going now?
>
> Not that I know of sadly. Perhaps we should start thinking about our
> participation next year now, since I think this takes more time to
> organize properly. I know it's a long way down the road, but is anyone
> interested in participating next year?

According to the Idlelo 6 request for proposal page, the conference
will be held sometime in the first quarter of 2014.

http://idlelo.net/node/11

In general, I'm interested in helping with a GNOME booth for Idlelo 6
but it's hard to know what my schedule will be like or what the
security situation will be like in the hosting country. I'm also not
that active in other GNOME activities these days so I may not be the
ideal candidate.

I can, however, try take a more proactive role in organizing things
for Idlelo 6. I've put a reminder in my calendar for November 2013. It
would be nice if somebody could do the same to have a backup reminder
in case it slips by me.

If I hear of any other events in Africa that I think would be a good
fit for GNOME, I'll post a message to this list.

Cheers, Ben