Git: Do not use http to access Git!

Please note that to checkout a Git repository you should use:
  git clone git://git.gnome.org/[project]
or (if you have commit access):
  git clone ssh://[login@]git.gnome.org/git/[project]

Do NOT try to checkout via http. It is not something we support!

Some people have been using the cgit interface to checkout a lot of git
modules. This cause a very high load on our server. Please use the git
protocol instead. For now I've blocked git from accessing cgit as too
many people have been using the http interface and it negatively impacts
performance (very high loads over long periods).

--
Regards,
Olav