TARBALLS DUE: GNOME 2.16.0 Beta 1 (2.15.90) Development Release

Hi all,

It's really hot out there (the temperature easily reaches 39�C...). And
they want us to use computers which are not really helping with the
temperature. I can hear the sadistic laugh of the release team people.
Anyway, we're kind enough to release tarballs for the GNOME 2.16 Beta 1
release, aren't we?

With this release, we'll enter:

  + the API/ABI freeze (which is also recommended, though not mandatory
    for desktop modules). Oh, and please remember that your API should
    be fully documented :-),
  + the feature freeze,
  + the UI freeze: no UI changes may be made without approval from the
    release-team and notification to the GDP.

The modules accepted for inclusion will be announced as soon as
possible.

Tarballs are due on Monday July 24th (next Monday) before 23:59 UTC for
the GNOME 2.16.0 Beta 1 (2.15.90) Development Release, which will be
delivered on Wednesday. If for some reason you are not able to make a
tarball before Monday, please send a mail to the release team: we can
find someone to roll the tarball for you!

For more informations about 2.15, the full schedule and the official
module lists, please see our new shiny 2.15 page on the wiki:
       http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointFifteen

To help write good release notes, please add major user-visible changes
happening during the 2.15 release cycle to this wiki page:
       http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointFifteen/ReleaseNotes

Thanks,

Vincent

--