TARBALLS DUE: GNOME 2.13.5 Development Release

Hi all,

We've removed a lot of critical warnings in the past few weeks and
it's something that will really help us in the long term. It's now
time to focus on fixing all other kind of bugs. That's why there's
the worldwide acclaimed Feature Freeze. We all know that everywhere
in the world, developers look our Feature Freeze and are jealous.

Yes, really, they are jealous. Because they know it's the start of
some bug squashing weeks for GNOME. And we're good at that. And you
know what? The hackers who will fix more than 50 bugs from now on
and before 2.14.0 will win a really nice prize. Let me think of a
nice prize... Erm... Let's say someone will mention all of them on
our read-by-everyone-on-Earth Planet! Isn't it a nice prize? Sure
it is. You'll probably want to send me a mail if you fix more than
50 bugs and want to get mentioned :-)

Oh. Maybe you only wanted to read the "tarballs due" announcement?
Here it is:

Tarballs are due on Monday (January 16th) for the GNOME 2.13.5
Development Release, which will be delivered on Wednesday. If for
some reason you are not able to make a tarball before Monday, please
send a mail to the release team: we can find someone to roll the
tarball for you!

With this release, we enter API/ABI freeze and feature freeze. This
means that no API or ABI changes should be made in the platform
libraries. We also recommend that desktop libraries dp not change their
API/ABI. Feature freeze is, well, feature freeze (how surprising!).

We're still in UI and string change announcement period: all user
interface changes must be announced to gnome-doc-list, and all string
changes must be announced to both gnome-i18n and gnome-doc-list.

Please note that we now use a hard deadline for tarballs: tarballs
uploaded after Monday 23:59 UTC will not be included in 2.13.5. Ask
around you: it already happened to some modules, so we're *really*
not including late releases!

Since we now have a nice list of exciting proposed modules and since,
for some of them, this will mark the start of their official GNOME
module life, it'd be great to see the exciting proposed modules have
cool releases for the lovely GNOME 2.13.x releases.

For more informations about 2.13, the full schedule, the official
module lists and the proposed module lists, please see our shiny 2.13
page on the wiki:
       http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointThirteen

To help write good release notes, please add major user-visible changes
happening during the 2.13 release cycle to this wiki page:
       http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointThirteen_2fReleaseNotes

Thanks,

Vincent

--