Fwd: Time to update your products!

Hi everyone,

I'm sending this email because there are a couple areas where we need
everyone's help getting their product updated with Olav's new rocking
bugzilla:
 - list of developers
 - product home page
 - product-specific triage guidelines
 - fixing the product name
Developers should be able to fix most of these by using the 'edit this
product' link on the right side of the product overview page (e.g.
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/browse.cgi?product=control-center)[1].  You
can also check the other items, among other things, with the other
nearby links.

* List of developers *

Gnome Bugzilla users now have the capability to modify key bits of
their own project if they are already marked as a developer of the
project and have the right permissions. So step one for everyone is to
go and see if you can add other developers.  If you can, great,
continue to the next step. If you can't, contact the bugmasters
(there's a link for this on the product overview page too) and we can
add you. We've tried to add several already, but as you know, manual
entry isn't perfect.

It's worth nothing that the developers of a module show up in three
notable places in the interface -- in the editproducts page so that
developers can add other developers, near the bottom of the product
overview page (browse.cgi) so people can figure out who the current
developers of a module are, and in the describeuser.cgi page (you can
click on the lightbulb icon next to any person's name near the comment
they added to any bug to learn more about that user).  It may be used
in additional places in the future.

* Product home page *

The project home page now shows up in the product overview page. Set
it in the editproducts.cgi page.

* Product-specific triage guidelines *

We've brought these up before, and these are on the wiki, but now they
are linked to from the product overview page.  These can be used to
talk about common bug types that appear in your module (and are
somehow more specific to your module) and how to handle them so that
volunteers can assist you better.

* Fixing the product name *

There's a link from the product overview page to viewcvs.  If your cvs
modulename doesn't match your bugzilla product name, the link is
broken.  We consider that a feature.  Having the tarball name be
different from the cvs module name, and having both be different than
the bugzilla module name is a bit of a pain for everyone, but there's
a couple module authors that don't seem to mind.  Anyway, consider
this encouragement to fix things.  ;-)  The fix could be a change of
bugzilla product name, or a cvs module name change.

[1] There will only be a "Show component descriptions" link if you
don't yet have permissions to edit your product.  Either let us know
so we can add you to the list of developers, or, if a developer is
already listed for the module, ask them to add you.