Re: [gnome-desktop-testing] GNOME Desktop Testing new framework

On Fri, 2009-03-13 at 08:43 -0700, Nagappan A wrote:

> Eitan Isaacson and Ara Pulido had discussion about a new design for
> gnome desktop testing and the initial version of code is available
> here and the spec of the same is available here. Soon it will be
> merged back to main line.

Hi,

I downloaded revision 52 of the code and tried running it and I'm
getting the following exception:

:~/ubuntu/ubuntuQA/ldtprunnerbyebye$ ./bin/ubuntu-desktop-test
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./bin/ubuntu-desktop-test", line 470, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "./bin/ubuntu-desktop-test", line 301, in main
    process_suite_file(suite_file, options.target, general_log)
  File "./bin/ubuntu-desktop-test", line 221, in process_suite_file
    run_suite_file(suite_file, log_file)
  File "./bin/ubuntu-desktop-test", line 163, in run_suite_file
    runner = TestSuiteRunner(suite_file)
  File "./bin/ubuntu-desktop-test", line 395, in __init__
    raise Exception, "Missing a suite class"
Exception: Missing a suite class

I tried on two different computers and get the same error.

I've been looking at this in eclipse with pydev so I could provide some
more useful feedback but haven't got very far yet. I managed to run the
previous version of ubuntu-desktop-testing and gnome-desktop-testing
with some success.

Can I ask what tools you are using for development?

Thanks,
Jason.