Re: [gnome-desktop-testing] patch - gedit/gedit_chains.py

Hey!

I would prefer moving FAIL/SUCCESS and other "status codes" to something
like desktoptesting.check.StatusCodes and have it imported specifically
instead of a "import *"
The import * was not added to trunk.
try: @@ -29,15 +29,15 @@
     elapsed = stop_time - start_time
testcheck = FileComparison(oracle, test_file)
-    check = testcheck.perform_test()
+    status = testcheck.perform_test()
ldtp.log (str(elapsed), 'time') - if check == desktoptesting.check.FAIL:
+    if status == FAIL:
         ldtp.log ('Files differ.', 'cause')
         ldtp.log ('Files differ.', 'error')
-except ldtp.LdtpExecutionError, msg:
+except ldtp.LdtpExecutionError:
     raise

Wouldn't it be better if we abstract ldtp.LdtpExecutionError into
desktoptesting.Exceptions.LdtpExecutionError?

We wouldn't want to add to much complexity to the framework. The important thing are tests, and not maintaining a complex framework. Nevertheless, your design comments are more than welcome in the wiki [1].

Cheers,
Ara

[1] http://live.gnome.org/DesktopTesting/Documentation/Design