Re: Moving final mailman lists over to discourse

On 10/30/22 19:48, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
On Sun, 30 Oct 2022 at 18:45, Anastasios Lisgaras via desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org <mailto:desktop-devel-list gnome org>> wrote:

There is no 1:1 mapping between mailing lists and Discourse, because Discourse is not a mailing list server.

Generally, you'll use tags, but those tags may not exist yet. It's up to the people maintaining the DOAP and documentation pages to ask for a tag, if it doesn't exist.

Thank for your explanation.
But to *select a tag* is required when creating a new topic ?

Because if I wanted to continue to only react via email, I will follow some specific tags (like previous mailing lists) so I would expect to get the "notification"/email for new topics for those tags.