Re: Wrapping up Bugzilla migration

On Sat, 2021-05-22 at 13:43 +0200, Sam Thursfield wrote:
On Wed, May 19, 2021 at 2:49 PM Andre Klapper via desktop-devel-list
<desktop-devel-list gnome org> wrote:
I'd prefer adding a heads-up comment[1] and mass-close remaining open
tickets as a courtesy to reporters, before turning Bugzilla read-only
and then converting it to static HTML. Happy to help with that.

That would be my preferred approach for Tracker project, rather than
migrating a set of mostly obsolete issues from 10 years ago. Would you
mind writing a quick guide on how to do it?

Basically: I go to
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?order=bug_id&resolution=---&tweak=1&product=NAMEOFYOURPRODUCTHERE
, scroll down, click "Check All", change "Status" to "RESOLVED |
OBSOLETE", add my own email address to "CC List" (if people have
followup questions), copy the boilerplate text below into the
"Additional Comments" field, and press "Commit".

(I'm also happy to do that for you, if wanted.)

Cheers,
andre

<snip>
GNOME is going to shut down bugzilla.gnome.org in favor of gitlab.gnome.org.
As part of that, we are mass-closing older open tickets in bugzilla.gnome.org
which have not seen updates for a longer time (resources are unfortunately
quite limited so not every ticket can get handled).

If you can still reproduce the situation described in this ticket in a recent
and supported software version, then please follow
  https://wiki.gnome.org/GettingInTouch/BugReportingGuidelines
and create a new enhancement request ticket at
  https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/NAMEOFYOURPRODUCTHERE/-/issues/

Thank you for your understanding and your help.
</snip>

--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/