Help needed in libgtop maintainership

Hi everyone,

this mail is a bit long overdue, but better late than never:
libgtop, the library used for "system monitoring" we use in System Monitor and Usage is in need of help.

Due to my lack of knowledge on library development, cross-platform support, and other related topics, which would be welcome for development of a library like libgtop, I would like to request help in taking over the (co-)maintainership of the libgtop module from me, as in my hands, the library is dying, and not even seeing the regular releases it would need.

As for the current state, the other maintainer, even though with a lot more knowledge on the library, is rarely available. As a result of this, since the migration to gitlab the merge requests are piling up, and even though I could superficially review them, but based on previous experiences I tend to miss things which lead to bad consequences, like build failures, needing reverts of merges.

As for the library itself, it is pretty stable, issues reported are usually for new features, the merge requests are usually either minor system-specific bugfixes or completely new features implemented by passing-by contributors, so the amount of work would not be too high to keep the library alive (even that would be more what I feel I am able to do at this point). Of course, if you are brave and creative enough, there is a lot more work to be done than reviewing and releasing.

Please let me know if you are interested, and I will do my best to help you out starting on the journey.

Regards,
Robert