Direct Shortcuts to Input Languages

Hi!,

(I am not sure if this is the right mailing list for my topic - my best guess :-))

Is it possible to assign a direct keyboard shortcut (say, F1, F2 and F3 for English, Russian and Japanese) for input method selection? See the attached screenshot.

That would make this significantly easier to use for me. The problem is that Japanese, for instance has its own internal switching between the sets of letters, so choosing the languages back and forth with standard Gnome shortcuts makes this very confusing for me. I have to choose the Japanese language first (after skipping English and Russian) and then internally choose the right set of letters within Japanese...

Cheers,
Yasu