Re: Changes to GitLab runners configuration

Hi Felix,

I've noticed that a while ago as well, but I was certain it wasn't caused by the recent changes cause we had
extensively
test them.

Today I found some time to track down the issue and looks like its a regression on gitlab itself, probably on
the latest update.

The issue is that the template now uses the default .pre and .post stages to avoid over witting/forcing
projects on a specific stages schema. This seems to have been working fine, till roughly 2 weeks ago. [1]

Some projects that define more jobs and naturally their custom stages, such as epiphany, had pipelines
working the whole time.

Briefly looking at gitlab, I've found this [2] bug report, but there's probably an older one I suspect.

I think we can try to workaround this in our template, and I will try rolling something out tomorrow. Will
most likely move back the current jobs back to [build, deploy] stages which hopefully every project has
already. This does have the potential to break some CI configurations and if so please do ping me on irc (or
rocket chat) or reply to this email.

I am sorry for the unfortunate timing and for not looking at it sooner. Hopefully this will be resolved soon™️

Cheers,
Jordan

[1] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-builder/pipelines/154333
[2] https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab/-/issues/209102