Re: Changes to GitLab runners configuration

On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 6:18 AM Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro gnome org> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 6:46 pm, Jordan Petridis via desktop-devel-list
<desktop-devel-list gnome org> wrote:
> No there isn't, it was working properly when it was first rolled out.
> I've started seen this issue today and looks like it only affecting
> some runners, so I am guessing something got updated or new runners
> where added. Bart is on vacation till Monday so let's poke av I guess.

Hi sysadmins,

Please revert the runner changes until you have time to fix this. Our
CI has been basically unusable all week and that blocks flatpak pushes.

Does anyone have any advice on what to do with this? I followed Sam's helpful hint about Tracker's CI images working to [1], copied the things that looked like they might be relevant from there into my own gitlab-ci file [2], at first got some errors that I knew basically how to deal with, but now I am stuck at a bunch of error messages that look to me like gibberish but end with "operation not permitted" [3]. I have little knowledge of this problem space so I don't even know where to start to debug this. Is this the same privileges problem as "bwrap: Creating new namespace failed" described earlier in the thread, or is it something different?

Also, has anyone successfully gotten a CI job that uses lsan or asan to work in the unprivileged setup? (See my previous question about CAP_SYS_PTRACE.)

[1] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/tracker-oci-images/-/blob/master/.gitlab-ci.yml
[2] https://gitlab.gnome.org/ptomato/gjs/-/blob/test-ci/.gitlab-ci.yml#L275-345
[3] https://gitlab.gnome.org/ptomato/gjs/-/jobs/616717

Thanks,