Re: GNOME 3.34.4

There will be both 3.36.x and 3.34.x release scheduled throughout the year. I think we are aiming for either 9 or 12 (+1) months of releases/support for 3.34.

Cheers
Jordan

On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 01:48, Sasa Ostrouska via desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 7:55 PM Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro gnome org> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 11:57 am, Matthias Clasen via release-team
> <release-team gnome org> wrote:
> > There next (and last) stable 3.34 update is planned for end of
> > March, see https://wiki.gnome.org/ThreePointThirtyfive
>
> Small correction: we're going to be doing something new and continuing
> 3.34 releases through the 3.38 development cycle, up until the release
> of 3.38. That is, we're going to be supporting two stable releases at a
> time. This is to provide extended support for the GNOME runtime.

Hi Michael

If I understood it correctly this will be a very positive and good
thing in my opinion.
So we will end up having 3.34.x releases for the period of other year or so.
But wont this be something making people prefer a newer release like 3.36.x
series over the 3.34.x ?

Rgds
Saxa