Re: Freeze reminders

On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 8:47 am, Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:
Back when we did Monday releases, I rememeber we were asked to wait
until closer to the deadline, to give translators more time. Is that
still the case?

Hi Shaun,

Good question! There's no need to worry about translations except for the first stable release of each cycle, since that's the first release intended for end users rather than developers and beta testers. There's supposed to be a 3.38 translation deadline in the schedule on Wednesday, September 9: "translations committed after this point may be too late to be included; maintainers should not release 3.38.0 tarballs until after this day." However, it's actually completely missing from the schedule [1]. I'll investigate to see what went wrong when generating the schedule and get that fixed.

Michael

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/ThreePointThirtyseven