Re: Upcoming evolution-data-server API changes (libical-glib + more)

On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 12:29 PM, Milan Crha via desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org> wrote:
One thing, with the prepared merge requests [which will need changes in
the version reference (they reference libecal-2.0 as 3.33.1, while
it'll be a different version)], should I contact respective maintainers
anyhow specifically, other than through the gitlab and this mailing
list, thus they know about the change? And once the eds changes are
committed, should I still wait for them for an approval, or should I
just commit, at least for those projects which are related to GNOME
Continuous and other services, which will break once the evolution-
data-server changes are committed? I do not want to touch their code
without them knowing about it, I do not like it myself, thus I'm
looking for some advice how to make it smooth and coordinated. There's
plenty of time, probably 3 weeks, and the merge requests are quite
fresh, I didn't expect any quick reaction on them (even I did receive
one, which was impressing), but I like to be prepared and behave like a
good citizen.

Please commit all the changes to folks, gnome-calendar, and gnome-shell at the same time as evolution-data-server to avoid breaking gnome-build-meta.