BUG REPROT: Bug tracker URLs not talking with Canonical's Launchpad

Canonical has not updated their Launchpad site to include Gitlab as a valid Bug Tracker URL/ID, making it difficult to properly link a bug on Gnome's end with Canonical's system end.

I've posted an official bug report a while ago at the URL below, and I am a little bit surprised it hasn't been addressed or fixed yet on their end:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/1738870

If possible, join the conversation on the official bug report so we can help get this problem fixed and mitigate Gnome-related issues reported by Ubuntu users.