Re: GitLab CI runners for non-Linux systems

Le mercredi 06 juin 2018 à 15:33 +0100, Ross Burton a écrit :
On 18 May 2018 at 10:52, Philip Withnall <philip tecnocode co uk> wrote:
tl;dr: Want to provide us with a GitLab CI runner for a non-Linux
platform?

There’s been a surge of interest recently, from various directions, in
getting GLib better tested on non-Linux architectures. This is great,
and we’ve got various people to thank for doing the thankless work of
porting and testing. Particularly:
 • macOS: Ryan Schmidt, Patrick Griffis, Michael Lauer, John Ralls
 • Windows/MinGW/MSYS2: LRN, Christoph Reiter, Xavier Claessens, Chun-
wei Fan
 • Android: Xavier Claessens
 • *BSD: Ting-Wei Lan

Would you be interested in extending the Linux coverage to include cross-building to proper Linux?

https://gitlab.gnome.org/rburton/glib/-/jobs/42792 is a bit hacky but demonstrates that using a Yocto-built toolchain with autotools, glib will cross-build successfully to aarch64.  Next step is to try with Meson, but auto* was easier as we exercise that in our own QA.

We already have android aarch64 and mingw64 cross build on our linux docker images using meson. More cross build could be added of course.

Regards,
Xavier Claessens.