Re: Python 2 support in GNOME build tools

On Sun, Jul 15, 2018 at 3:25 PM, Nicolas Dufresne <nicolas ndufresne ca> wrote:
Stable distribution shouldn't block software from going forward with
Python 3. Simply because stable OS won't update to whatever we release
next, unless it's bug/security fixes.

I agree in general, but as I noted at the end of my mail, RHEL 7 does get
non-bugfix/security updates nowadays. And from what I see many of the people
working on those updates also work on GNOME and we should try figuring out
what they need before potentially making their lives harder.